12.30.2010

Weirdo on the bus and almost ready for the new year.

Hello. Hi. Yes, I'm a foreigner. You're in Seoul.

Yep. Still back here. Still a foreigner.

Hello, again. I know. My face is so fascinating.

Okay. Are you actually from the smallest town in the world? How did you even end up on a bus in Seoul? Do you know where you are?

Yes. I'm still here.

Oh, the joys of weekday early afternoon cavorting. You never know what you're going to come across. Other than a pack of school girls in Hongdae who really need to learn how to walk in some semblance of a straight line. That one is a given. Also, they should be ashamed of the way they were speaking to their mothers on the phone. I woulda got popped in the mouth back in my day. Through the phone. Which I didn't have.

I opted out of the teachers' trip and don't even really feel any regret. Mostly because my apartment is a shambles and I've still yet to sort out exactly what the fuck is happening tomorrow night. But I think I've decided on what I'm going to wear! That's the important thing. Right?

Almost ready to say goodbye to 2010. New Year's Eves in Korea usually have a way of starting out incredibly asinine and mundane and then ending up completely epic. Here's hoping, on that one. And the good kind of epic, not the bad kind. Please.

1 comment:

JLR said...

Figuring out what to wear IS the most important part. Or at least, it's the most difficult part. Good to get that part out of the way.

Hope your evening is (or, by this time, was) epic in a good way.