2.28.2010

Abracadabra.



Haha. I can't believe he did it. For anyone who doesn't know, that's one of the many dances from Kpop (Brown Eyed Girl's "Abracadabra") that's been making the rounds for the last few months. I see at least one student do it everyday. I've even been known to bust it out, from time to time. And, just for the record, the South Korean speed skating team is exactly what my third grade students look like. Except mine are usually taller.

The original, for your reference:



And the 2AM/2PM parody, just for fun:



It should be noted that Korean men, in general, don't get the whole two-girls-together-is-sexy thing, and they think American men finding that attractive is weird. To quote one of the conversations I've personally had about it, "But there is no man there! Why do I like that?" They also commonly refer to their (male) underwear, brief style, as "panty". Just so you know. Is it just me, or is Jo Kwon just a little too into the whole thing?

2 comments:

saharial said...

its not just you - i find the bit at 2mins quite disturbing >_<

MikejGrey said...

I'm really glad I'm not subjected to K pop anymore.