3.07.2009

Toeing the line.

Full on loving my boys. And the good news is, I'm dealing almost exclusively with the lovely third graders this semester. Can't get enough of them. And I have a feeling it's only going to get better.

Smartassedness is the only problem I run across, which I'm fully capable of handling and throwing back at them, to the nth degree. I've got crazy street cred, you see. Full on Zen master, and they get it, soon enough. Standing on chairs and throwing things out of windows, being openly defiant -- not a clue what to do with that. But smartassedness? Pffft. I practically invented it, young'ns. Or I'm at least ten years more practiced in it than you. Next.

Aptly predicted to Mike tonight that at ten o'clock, my phone would start ringing. Literally, 10:01 and the first message arrived. Nonsense is back around -- the personification of Nonsense, that is. At the moment, I'm just dipping my toes in, and weighing my options.

See. I can avoid nonsense if it doesn't come around. But when it's just standing right in front of me....

Well.

Anyway. Fuck it. I'm for bed, for now. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: