7.21.2008

Well the grandparents and the kid are out of town for a week. I slept a lot yesterday, the first good sleep I've had in ages, since it's pretty hard to get any peace and quiet. Then last night around nine I was out on the front porch smoking a cigarette and my aunt comes out and just says, "Wine."

"Yeah..."

So I had my second experience with a Texas "beer barn" last night. Only this one was made out of brick and wasn't called that. I think it was trying to be a little more classy, but it was definitely a beer barn. I can't remember who I went with the first time. Frankie? We asked my ma if she wanted anything and she requested a "mid-range chianti". Classic. The guy at the beer barn didn't know what chianti was.

So I spent the evening getting pissed on red wine and watching The Importance of Being Earnest. Around midnight, my aunt and I realized we hadn't eaten, so we went to Taco Bueno. Steph would be proud, and I was too. Stayed up till two talking about all the heathen kind of things we can't discuss any other time.

Now I'm sitting here sipping on redbush chai and trying to ignore my growling stomach, because I'm too lazy to forage something for lunch.

I think it's going to be a good week.

No comments: