2.03.2012

I really enjoy your blog and your attitude toward your teaching and your students- you have a great mindset that I hope to emulate. I was just wondering if you'd be willing to write more about the students who asked you about your opinion of gays. Thanks!

I've been meaning to finish that story, yes. I'm sorry. I may even get to it tonight, but it's been one of those things where my relationship with these guys is ongoing, and every day something changes a bit. Anyway, what made me just remember I had this question waiting was this text exchange with one of the boys this afternoon:

Student [out of nowhere]: a..my girl friend today is birthday
INP: oh, really? did you buy a present?
Student: um?? im not gay ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
INP: haha it's okay. why are you crying?
INP: present = 선물
INP: buy = 사다
INP: did you? = 했니?
INP: did you buy a present?
Student: a~hahahahahaha...쑥쓰럽네요ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
Student: buy남자여자 둘다 좋아하냐고 하는 건줄알앗어요ㅜㅠ
INP: haha no. that's "bi".
INP: "bi" means two. remember? we studied that.

Weird. Is "bi" a word they commonly know? I don't even know. But I will come back to this later. I promise.

Ask me anything

No comments: