5.25.2011

놀고 싶다.

I know. I'm being a bastard about answering questions again. But I've got a legit excuse this time, no? Today is just three classes at work and Grams opted to stay home. So I technically have a bit of free time (should be working on exam questions and organizing my lesson plan paperwork, but there's only so much of that you can do in one stretch without feeling like you're going a bit mental). Buuuut. I don't feel like answering questions, anyway. Especially massive ones about the pros and cons of Korean vs. American culture in general -- Jesus fuck. It was a nice question, I guess, but shouldn't you really ask someone more qualified to answer? Like, maybe God?

What the real problem is, is that Grams has been here for three weekends now. I have had no time to play. In any sense of that word. And I will not get into the specifics, because my mother does read the blog (hi, mom), but even she knows what I mean. No alcohol. No late nights. No swear words. No... anything else that's fun, but not grandmother-proof.

And the weather is so nice and warm. Bastards are complaining about it being "hot" already -- it is not hot. And if you've lived in Korea for longer than a year, then you know better than to say that this is "hot" (I'm looking at you, Canadians). It is warm. It is not cold. It is fucking lovely, is what it is. And it makes me want to go out and play all the more.

The plan for this weekend is to cram in as much crap as possible on Saturday, avoid about seventeen invitations by coworkers to spend Grams' last night at their houses eating home-cooked meals (lovely as the offers may be) and then see her off at the airport Sunday morning. Then, I'm going to clean the shit out of my flat, walk my ass to Homeplus to pick up a DVD player (since my laptop has decided that telling me to get fucked is the correct way to respond when I put anything in the disc drive) and some fucking expensive Corona, go back to my clean flat, open every last door and window, sprawl out on the floor and get afternoon-shitfaced while watching Bertolucci films in my underwear (which is, just so you know, the only correct way to watch Bertolucci films).

And that's all I can really think about right now. So sorry about the questions. They'll just have to wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm looking at you Canadians" Bahaha, this is so me, because as soon as the mercury hits 25 C my skin starts to melt off my body and I bitch and moan and whine about how fucking hot it is and how my students keep turning off the air con! But in the part of Canada I'm from it gets to -50 in the winter and if we have a summer of 20 Celsius weather it's like bliss! Anything hotter and it's just too fucking much!

onewordonelie said...

I loved this post, for whatever reason. While I'm sad to admit that I've never watched a Berolucci (had to IMDb him, he looks promising), I'm sorely tempted to mimic your idea... Sounds like a fabulous way to spend an afternoon.

Your comment on the weather makes me think of where I live, only vice versa. I previously lived somewhere that, on occasion, you could toss out water and watch it shatter once it hit the ground; it froze that fast. So, where I live now, people telling me it's cold when you can just barely see mist when you speak, causes me to give them baleful looks. Hahaha.

I'm no Picasso said...

I'm from Texas, so I kind of lean toward the other end of the spectrum, to be honest.

Onewordonelie: I strongly recommend starting with Stealing Beauty. It's kind of a gentle introduction. The Dreamers is the best. For about a million reasons. But if I start friends off on that film, not only do they tend to view me in a completely different light after watching it, knowing that it's my favorite, and they usually never go near Bertolucci again.

Melissa said...

Hahaha I loved this post, especially the "I'm looking at you Canadians" part. Because I am Canadian. And this weather is the fucking absolute warmest bestest summer day that we could ever hope for in our pretty much 2 month long summer! So I actually feel like, omg why do I even need clothing. I feel it's a crime against nature to wear pants, and shoes in the glory of such heat! If it gets hotter though, which I know it will, I think I may die. But damn will I die happy! I love warm weather <3
Anyways I hope you enjoy your well deserved lounging in underwear ME time!