12.28.2009

Dreams.

Feeling all weird and conflicted after two nights in a row of strange dreams. The hard part is, when my head gets screwy, be it from my personal life here in the ROK or from other things going on abroad, work is always what straightens me out. My students keep me sane and grounded. The problem is that (you've noticed, I'm sure) I've been showing a movie for two weeks and haven't actually been teaching. And today will be my last regular day of classes for over a month. I have three camps to focus on and keep me busy, but it's more stressful than anything, until you get right into the midst of it, because camps require so much preparation.

Tomorrow is the teachers' trip to god knows where, where the PE teachers have already vowed to make me try skiing for the first time (no). Judging by how absolutely shitfaced everyone got last year on the teachers' trip, which wasn't even overnight, I'm pretty interested to see what happens this time.

You had a great holiday, Liz. Why are you letting your head get screwy?

What can I say? I love and hate routine in equal parts. Oh well. The next month is sure to prove interesting, one way or another. At least I'll get to keep seeing my boys at the center.

Here it goes, kiddos. The official start of Winter vacation, 09/10.



My name is G G G G baby, baby. Ha. Haha.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Dude, I'm so jealous. I've been trying since I got here to convince the staff that the winter teacher trip should be a ski trip. Unfortunately, the people in charge of arranging said trip are middle aged Korean women who loathe any sport more challenging than a light stroll.

Have fun :) And have a cup of hot cocoa.

I'm no Picasso said...

Man I am too damn old to be embarrassing myself like that. They're gonna give it a sincere go of convincing me tomorrow, I'm sure, but it's not going to happen.

Needless to say, the PE teachers are in charge of our trips.

I'll definitely get the hot cocoa in, as well as I'm sure plenty of magkeolli and soju.